Marketing Your Property
When we market your property, we dont leave it to luck. We are dedicated to finding the best tenant for you and have a detailed process and checklist we have spent years tweaking to make sure we find the best possible tenants for your property. Here’s how we do it:
- Professional Photography – We are the first, and only agency in town that uses professional photography with every rental listing. We find this tool attracts more listing views + more enquiries + more applications = more tenants to choose from. View an example here.
- Video Tour – We are the first, and only agency in town that uses a detailed video tour with every rental listing. By providing a video tour this allows prospective tenants to get a really good idea of what your property has to offer, they get a good idea of the neighbours and the area. This also eliminates the prospective tenants taking time off work to attend an open house/viewing for a property that doesn’t suit their needs. We find this tool speeds up the application process, and eliminates inconvenience for both the current occupier of the house and our prospective tenants.
- Virtual Tour – We are the first, and only agency in town that uses a virtual tour method with every rental listing. This tool works extremely well alongside our professional photos, and video tours. Prospective tenants are able to freely explore the property virtually and better assess if the property is suitable for them. They are able to gather further information about the size and layout of the property, and utilise the measurement features to measure doorways, room sizes, and chattels prior to moving in. We find this tool helps us tenant a property sight-unseen to amazing tenants who live out of the region – it also makes the moving process slightly easier.
- Website Portals – Ray White New Zealand has exclusive packages with all major real estate portals. This allows us to market your property on more websites than any other local agency, and at not cost to yourself! #winning – More listing views + more enquiries + more applications = more tenants to choose from.
Some of theses websites are trademe.co.nz, realestate.co.nz, homes.co.nz, oneroof.co.nz, raywhite.com, raywhite.co.nz, rwgisborne.co.nz, tenancy.co.nz, and facebook.com
Property Signage – It’s not uncommon to find great tenants who find your property through one of our large signboards. View an example here.
Viewings – We offer viewings 7 days a week if a great prospective tenants requests it #workingthisweekend
Online Applications – Gone are the days where tenants had to fill in frustrating paper applications in our office. We now use New Zealand’s leading online application form that allows tenants to easily fill in their details at no cost to them, and at a time that is convenient to them.
Vetting Prospective Tenants
Once you have selected a shortlist of prospective tenants, we proceed to create a tenant profile to make sure they are who they say they are, they do what they say they do, and provide proof and evidence that these statements are correct. This process is detailed, and we do not skip any steps (regardless if they may be a friend or family member of yours). This process is also required by many insurance policies. This process includes:
- Centrix Credit Check – common retail credit reporting
- Equifax Credit Check – detailed banking credit reporting
- Previous & Current Court Records
- Generic Internet Data Check (25 different sources)
- Social Media Checks – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc
- Previous & Current Employment Reference
- Previous & Current Landlord Reference
- Supplied Personal Reference
- ID Confirmation
- And local knowledge
Once we find someone suitable for your property, we request you to make the final approval, and offer the tenancy on the terms that suit you.
For more information about our tenanting process, our Casual Letting Service or full management services, please fill in the form below, or give our team a call on 06 867 1122.